Languages for Website Translation
The languages selected in the Translations tab of the Preferences menu represent the languages that the website will be translated into. Visitors will then be able to click on a language's flag (or link, or button) to view the page/site in that language. This requires the use of the Language Flags element.
Click here to learn more about how to create a multi-language website
A website's default language is the language in which all pages are created. Any text must be written in this language, and it can then be translated into the other enabled languages.
Website Languages List
- Enable/Disable languages for the website (1)
- Select a default language (2)
- Add a language
- Remove a language
- Assign a different domain to each language (Domain column)
Add a Language
Add a Pre-Existing language From the List
Add a Custom Language
- Title: This is how it will be displayed within openElement
- Code: This is the international language code, i.e. EN (English), FR (French), ES (Spanish), DE (German), etc. Note: this code must be unique for each language, so if you're using multiple dialects, please specify the country (i.e. EN-US, EN-UK, EN-CA, EN-AU)
- Flag: This flag will appear on your site (if you add the 'Language Flags' element) and within openElement
Then, click 'Add'.