This category is an introduction to the interface of the openElement software. To learn how certain features function, please consult the Operation category.
General User Interface
The interface is broken up into 5 major sections:
A: Main menu
B: Site Explorer
C: WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Editing Pane
D: Elements and Styles Menu
E: Element Explorer
f: Quick Access Menu
g: Name of Active Page Open in the Editing Pane
h: Software Version
(A) Main Menu
The main menu is located by default above the editing pane and consists of a maximum of four tabs.
- The "Project" tab: General actions for the project
- The "Page" tab: Actions specific to the current page
- The "Selection" tab: Actions available for the element currently selected on the page
- The "Style Zone" tab: Editing options for styling the element currently selected on the page.
The last two tabs (Selection and Style Zone) will only appear if an element on the currently active page is selected.
(B) Site Explorer
The site explorer is located by default to the left of the editing pane and lists all the user files and folders that make up the website.
Certain actions are only possible from this panel, such as opening a page or moving/renaming a page or folder.
(C) Editing Pane
The editing pane is located by default in the center of the interface and is where all changes are made to the content of a web page.
Elements can be added to the page by dragging and dropping them from the list of elements (on the right) onto the editing pane.
(D) Elements and Styles Menu
The elements and styles menu is located by default to the right of the editing pane and consists of three tabs.
- Elements: Contains the list of all the elements available to drag-and-drop onto a web page.
- Properties: Displays the specific properties of the element currently selected on the page.
- Styles: Displays predefined style presets for the selected element and/or advanced CSS style options in the expert section.
(E) Element Explorer
The elements and styles menu is located by default to the right of the editing pane, right below the Site Explorer.
From this menu, users can view elements by page section (Upper Content, Footer, Non-Visual Elements), and rename or delete them. Elements can also be expanded to view individual style zones. Clicking on an element or style zone will automatically activate that element/zone for editing.
(f) Quick Access Toolbar
The quick access toolbar is located at the very top of the screen and contains shortcuts to certain main menu actions, as well as other program functions.
Certain element properties or program options are set using configuration forms.
- Form:Link Configuration: Comes up to automatically configure a hyperlink in a link element, or add a hyperlink to a text element.
- Form:Create a Project: Configures a new project in several steps. This new project can be opened when the form is complete.
- Form:Open a Project: Opens an existing project, either from a quick access list or from a folder.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [+] Interface (1)
Pages in category "Interface"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.