Dynamic Elements and Back Office
(Page under construction. We apologize for any inconvenience)
The element packs in the "Dynamic Elements & Back-office" category allow users to add elements that display content stored in a database. Content Management can be done online using a "Back Office" that automatically collects/stores the content used by the website (and allows users to add more content manually if needed).
The main advantage is the ability to modify content online, without using the openElement software, once the site is published.
These packs also make it possible to display a list of articles (news, products for sale, other items, etc.) filtered and sorted by category.
Upon opening a page for the first time in a web browser, these dynamic elements are automatically added to the database.
The special admin page (Content Management), created by using Pack 10 ("Back Office: Online Content Management," makes it possible to then list all data items and edit them online.
Data items are represented by Articles. Each Article contains one or more Details - i.e. Description, Title, Icon, etc. Each Detail contains text or HTML code that is displayed by the corresponding elements.
"Simple" elements, added by using Pack 50 "Dynamic Element: Display Content (Universal)," display a single Detail and are automatically added to the database.
List-elements, added using Pack 80 "Dynamis List: Display a List of Articles", make it possible to display a list of Articles. Nothing is automatically added to the database in this case; to add content manually, use Pack 20 "20 - Back Office: Add New Content Manually" to create the corresponding page (this page is not always necessary though, and may depend on the project).
1) Create a page whose purpose is to manage content. For example, "back-office." We recommend placing it at the root of the website, and not in a subfolder. Drag-and-drop Pack 10 on this page. In the configuration settings, make sure to use a sufficiently secure password.
1a) On the second page of the configuration wizard, use the button at the bottom to create the page "Add New Content." It can be used to add Pack 20 later on.
Open this page in a web browser (F12) to initialize the database.
2) On other pages of the website, drag and drop Pack 50 for each dynamic element. In settings, change the Article name (and Detail if necessary) according to what the element represents (i.e. Article "Welcome Message" or "Champagne.N1644").
3) Open each page that contains dynamic elements in a browser window (F12). The corresponding Articles will be automatically created in the database.
4) Open the Content Management page (see #1 above) to view the list of Articles and Details. If needed, on the upper right, use the Filter to display only certain Articles. Click on the corresponding Edit link for each Article & Detail to modify its content and/or assign it one or more Categories.
5) To display the list, follow the instructions during the unpacking of Pack 80. If needed, drag-and-drop Pack 20 on the page created above in #1a (By default "oe-bkoffice-v1/add-new-content.htm") to create the "Add New Content" page. This allows you to add content that will be displayed in the list.